Award Winning Author

My photo
Karen Dales is the Award Winning Author of "The Chosen Chronicles" which include "Changeling: Prelude to the Chosen Chronicles," "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen Chronicles," and "Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen Chronicles." She is currently at work on "Thanatos: Book Three of the Chosen Chronicles" and a Historical Romance set in Edo Japan.
Karen loves receiving emails from fans. If you'd like to email her:

karendales@karendales.com

www.karendales.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Circles

I find it strange, or maybe I shouldn't, about how the Universe takes people out of my life, only to return them later on.

This has happened a lot lately. One of the biggest is reconnecting with my best friend from grade school and junior high school. It had been almost 25 years since I had last seen him and when we talked on the phone it took me back to how we used to be. This was more profound when he came over for lunch to meet the hubby and my son. I still recognized him as my best friend from that time in my life, yet I could see how life had changed him too. A quarter of a century will do that to anyone. I'm sure he felt the same way with me. Now we're rekindling our friendship that life's paths have diverged in our early teens. We have so much to catch up on. So much to relearn. It's exciting and amazing.

When I heard the term BFF (Best Friends Forever) I never believed it could be true (besides that of my hubby). Maybe it is.

Then, just today, I reconnected with another good friend where life had separated us for a period of time. It'll be interesting to see where that leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment