Award Winning Author

My photo
Karen Dales is the Award Winning Author of "The Chosen Chronicles" which include "Changeling: Prelude to the Chosen Chronicles," "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen Chronicles," and "Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen Chronicles." She is currently at work on "Thanatos: Book Three of the Chosen Chronicles" and a Historical Romance set in Edo Japan.
Karen loves receiving emails from fans. If you'd like to email her:

karendales@karendales.com

www.karendales.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Book Launch Finalized!

It's been over a week since I last seriously posted but so much has gone on that it's only now that I am able to post.

After a lot of headaches, sleepless nights, frustration, to get "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen" ready to print we finally have a release date: June 8, 2009. I'm so excited about this. We were having a lot of problems with the design department of the American publishers that finally I had to call the senior VP of Production. My head of production for up here left a message on my behalf because of all the f-ups on their part. The Senior VP checked into it and called us back apologizing for the f-ups and offered us a better deal. So for all those headaches, etc, it looks like it worked out in our favour.

Now that we have the date of launch I was able to organize the
Book Launch Party. It's going to be on Sunday, July 5th at the Fox and Fiddle (1535 Yonge Street, Toronto). I'm really looking forward to this party! There's still so much more to organize! It was originally on the 19th of July, but I had to move it because my cousin is getting married on the 19th. I'm also looking into finding a musician to play there. So far I have one that may be able to do it, if she's in town. That means I should also look for a second/back up one too. What's really nice about this venue is that they don't mind us using their projection system to show off the commercials for the books.

Three of many commercials are shot and are currently being edited. I'm so excited! I've seen some bits of them, but I can't wait to see the whole thing! My Marketing Goddess has plans for at least three more to shoot. Once they are out I'll post them here and let everyone see them. I think everyone will really like them.:) As for the others, we're hoping to shoot them in May when it warms up. They're booth to be outdoors, but one of them requires that we shoot in the woods. That means warmth and foliage. We don't want to freeze our actress.:)

Last Friday my Marketing Goddess took me to the
Toronto Alternative Arts and Fashion Week (FAT). I've never been to a fashion show before and I have to admit it was more than interesting. The first part I'm not sure whether or not they were clothing. Completely sober I kept up the one liners that had my Marketing Goddess laughing. The second part had us oohing and aweing. The clothing was wonderful and I think I'll be contacting one or both of these designers - Starkers! Corsetry and Futurestate. Personally, if I had to choose just one of them, it'd be Starkers. In the crappy lighting my Marketing Goddess took this photo of us with her blackberry

This past weekened we also celebrated my hubby's birthday with a big party on Sunday that left me wasted on Monday. I managed to get through my day job, but after dinner I said I needed to go for a nap. That was at 7pm. I woke up at 9am. Boy did I need that! I feel almost caught up. Luckily I don't work on Tuesdays. This meant I could get some work done for "Angel of Death" until it was time to pick up the Bug from JK.

Then it was off to the mall to have a bite of lunch and see
Earth by Disney. It was awesome! Everyone should go and see it. I can't wait for the next one on Earth Day 2010.

Then it was back home and lo and behold I was able to get lots of stuff done for "Angel of Death." 6 things are currently crossed off my to do list for the book! Woo Hoo! Only two left, which requires my publicist Goddess and my designer. Now I can relax a bit and get back to what I really and truly love...writing the next novel in the series 'Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen."


Karen Dales
Author
"Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen"
Release - End of May 2009
karendales@thechosenchronicles.com
Website:
http://thechosenchronicles.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/KarenDales
Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/cn27xa

No comments:

Post a Comment