Award Winning Author

My photo
Karen Dales is the Award Winning Author of "The Chosen Chronicles" which include "Changeling: Prelude to the Chosen Chronicles," "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen Chronicles," and "Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen Chronicles." She is currently at work on "Thanatos: Book Three of the Chosen Chronicles" and a Historical Romance set in Edo Japan.
Karen loves receiving emails from fans. If you'd like to email her:

karendales@karendales.com

www.karendales.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm crossing my fingers that finally, FINALLY, my writers block is broken and I can get down to work on writing the next novel in the series.

Man, it's been hard. It's been a long time since I went through that. Thankfully this time it didn't last as long. That would have completely messed me up. At least this time I was able to use my pent up energies in trying to write with promotions and marketing for the current novel. Unfortunately such work did not get rid of the knot in my gut telling me to write and the anxiety of not being able to.

I think what finally broke the block is that I sat down with my husband to talk about the problem. He's always been a great help and support. What we figured out is that I was still emotionally unready to release the first book out into the world - I didn't want to let go and because of that I couldn't move forward. The talk made a lot of sense for me and I let it work over my subconscious when I went to sleep that night. I think it worked! I remember waking that morning with the key to make the scene I was writing make sense. It literally came to me in a dream. After that I meditated upon the whole idea and how it would work. This morning, after I dropped my son at school (I have Tuesday's off from my full time job), I went home to an empty house (hubby was at a photo shoot downtown) and I wrote for almost two hours before having to pick my son up from JK.

It felt so good. I'm excited to write tonight after the Bug hits the hay I'll be able to sit down and write some more. Just being excited to write is a relief! I love painting moving pictures with words.:) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment